Excelsior House Texas
The elegant and historic Excelsior House Texas has been welcoming guests for around 160 years. Since it opened in the last 1850s some very important guests have stayed here such as Ulysses S. Grant, Oscar Wilde, Rutherford B. Hayes and more.
The Excelsior House Texas offers guests historic rooms to rent each with their own private bath/shower, pay-tv and telephone. The hotel offers guests old fashion southern charm and is an antique lovers dream. You can look forward to an amazing old fashion breakfast with their famous Orange Blossom muffins served daily at breakfast.
The Excelsior House Texas offers guests the following historical wing rooms:
- Victorian Room
- Blalock Room
- Sleigh Bedroom
- Jay Gould Room
- Lady Bird Johnson Room
- Diamond Bessie Suite
- Grant Presidential Room
- Hayes Presidential Room.
What to do in Jefferson?
There are plenty of historical activities to when you are visiting Jefferson such as:
- The Grove (built in 1861)
- Museum of Measurement and Time
- Jefferson Historical Museum
- Jefferson Transportation Center
- Oakwood Cemetery
- Lone Star Carriage Company
- Singleton’s Virginia Cross Home
- Atalanta Jay Gould’s Railroad Car
- Jefferson Ordnance Magazine
- Historic Jefferson Railway
- Turning Basin Riverboat Tours
- Ghost & Vampire Tours
- Schluter House
- Old Mill Antiques
- Freeman Plantation
The Excelsior House Address
211 W Austin Street, Jefferson, Texas 75657, USA
- TripAdvisor Review Score - 8/108/10
- Google Local Review Score - 6.8/106.8/10